THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
You are an experienced application developer who knows how to design and implement scalable, resilient, and secure applications. You enjoy working with different technologies and are passionate about learning new things. You take pride in designing simple solutions to challenging problems, whether updating existing systems or creating new micro-services. You will help ensure we continue to evolve and keep our edge. You are looking for an opportunity to join a team where your impact is evident on a daily basis, while also being challenged to improve and grow.
- First and foremost be open to teaching and learning new things. We want you for more than your coding abilities. Your perspective and experiences will add to the team.
- Collaborate with a small, high-impact, multi-talented engineering team. You are joining a team of learners that enjoy collaborating and learning from each other.
- Create, maintain, own and operate your team’s services that support fundamental capabilities of the TrueAbility platform.
- Tackle the challenging problems you face in developing global high availability services in a distributed cloud environment that needs to scale to meet the needs of test takers around the globe.
- Help evaluate and choose emerging technologies, new service protocols, etc.
- Determine the right tool for the right task.
- Write high quality, maintainable code in a fast-paced startup environment.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 3 + years of development experience.
- Expertise with Ruby and Rails is a must.
- Experience with a range of data stores, including relational (SQL), column-oriented and key-value stores such as Postgres, Memcache, and Redis.
- Experience with other programming languages such as GO or Python are a definite asset.
- Experience with the AWS platform and its many components (S3, API Gateway, etc) is a plus.
- Experience creating RESTful API’s is a plus.
- Experience with Docker containerization is a plus.
TrueAbility offers competitive benefits including healthcare coverage, total compensation package, work hours flexibility, paid vacation, unlimited sick days, and frequent celebration of team wins! We’re a small startup, we do small startup stuff.
This is a full-time position based in San Antonio. Please send your resume, cover letter, and applicable portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
TrueAbility® is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.