TrueAbility is the leading platform for delivering performance-based assessments. For certification and talent assessment, TrueAbility puts customer’s content in a hands-on environment, allowing them to assess real-world skills anywhere in the world. Our seven year-old company is evolving the way technical talent is evaluated.
As a Jr. to mid Linux Systems Engineer in the Assessment Deployment group, you are responsible for supporting and maintaining the end-to-end orchestration and automation of customer’s performance-based exam environments. You will primarily be responsible for assessment maintenance activities, support escalations, and gaining the necessary skills and knowledge to perform assessment deployment orchestration projects. This role is a critical component in service delivery to our customers, and ultimately, to their global test takers.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate has a talent for learning new things and is passionate about growing their expertise. They are able to take requirements and turn them into well thought out solutions. The ideal candidate has experience with various flavors of Linux and open-source technologies, and isn’t afraid to dive into and learn about technologies they have yet to work with. Efficiency and automation is at the core of how you like to work.
- Assessment automation maintenance
- Escalation point for 24×7 support team
- Perform assigned engineering projects
- Using provided requirements and the TrueAbility performance-based platform toolset, build the necessary components to support the customer’s exam environment.
- Provide support and maintenance in the form of software/system updates to exam environments.
- Respond to customer’s questions and inquiries related to their exam environments
- Most Important – Strong desire and ability to quickly learn new technologies on a monthly basis
- 1+ years of Linux systems administration experience
- 1+ years of bash scripting experience
- Entry level experience with Python or another object oriented programming language
- Basic knowledge of public clouds such as AWS and GCP
- Basic experience using Git
- Familiar with Vagrant
- Familiar with Microsoft Windows Server 2016
- Familiar with PowerShell
Note: Candidates will be required to perform a remote technical assessment from TrueAbility’s platform. The assessment is open-book/internet, is not pass/fail, and will allow you to have a preview of the actual product you would be supporting in this role.
This is a full-time position based in San Antonio. Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
TrueAbility™ is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.